At TAFENSW WSI Colleges and OTEN we offer hundreds of courses to help you become skilled. In thinking about your career goals it is often a good idea to start with working out what skills you have, and to identify any gaps. To help you overcome your skills gaps, you can search different TAFENSW WSI courses by industry areas.
Besides the specific technical skill requirements for any given job, an employer may expect you to have skills such as;
- Speaking and
- Maths skills
Core skills required for work can allow you to navigate the world of work, interact with others and get the work done!
Employers often also value 'employability skills' or 'generic' skills. These are sometimes also referred to as ‘soft skills' and include;
- ES - Communication skills (PDF, 123KB)
- ES - Teamwork skills (PDF, 122KB)
- ES - Problem solving skills (PDF, 112KB)
- ES - Initiative and enterprise skills (PDF, 105KB)
- ES - Planning & organising skills (PDF, 247KB)
- ES - Self management skills (PDF, 133KB)
- ES - Learning skills (PDF, 99KB)
- ES - Technology skills (PDF, 94KB)
- ES - Employability Skills Postcard (PDF, 183KB)
- Core Skills for Work - Overview (PDF, 405KB)