Achieving any goal requires that you take a series of steps and decisions to help you get there.
Here are a number of useful steps for you to get started.
- EXPLORE - we suggest that you explore a range of careers you find interesting by exploring the net, or consulting friends and people you know who work in different areas.
- RESEARCH particular job areas using the Job Outlook website and by utilising information from Industry specific organisations.
- TALK with family, friends and teachers. They often know you really well and they can advise you as to what they think might suit you. We suggest that every time you meet someone who works in a job you would like, ask them about it and how they trained, what they like and dislike about it etc.
- DECIDE by balancing your interests with your abilities, with work opportunities, what skills you have or may need to develop.
- MAKE A PLAN using SMART goals. Try to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely with each goal you set yourself.
- CONTACT US - Make an appointment to see or speak with a Careers Counsellor.
- CAREER PROFILE - Complete career voyage and develop a plan of action.